And So It Begins

1:16 PM

Senior year.
Everything that has mattered up until now is almost done mattering.
Does that make sense?
The parties you didn't go to, the trends you didn't follow, the people you didn't talk to,
None of it will matter in a year.
We'll be gone.
The walls of Hayes High School won't recognize us any more.
That won't be our place any more.
Maybe that wasn't our place to begin with.
And I think that's a scary thought.
Because time keeps passing, and even though it's normal and natural, I have a hard time accepting the fact that none of the memories I made there will matter any more.
Most of those memories will be forgotten.
My petty friendships, my social status, my GPA.
None of that will ever matter again when this year is over.
All the things that consumed my mind on a daily basis...
They won't matter.
People say that all the time, but I didn't really get it.
None of this will matter.
And now I feel liberated, and also kind of silly.
Because I can read back in this blog and see my emotions (most of the time, my raw emotion)
And I can see how dumb it was.
I can look back on my life and remember my feelings and emotions and failures and successes
And see how mediocre they were.
I can see how, in the grand scheme of things, I have so much more to live for.

Maybe that's growing up.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images