5:35 PM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again,
people don't change.
You can change your words, you can change your actions
But at the end of the day, you're the same person you were when you woke up,
no matter how differently you went about your day.
Now there's a new question.
Why would people change their actions?
Why would someone want to be something they're not?
The answers to these questions are endless.

Honestly though, everyone's a fraud.
You're not the same version of yourself at church and at school.
You don't act the same when you're with your friends as you would with a group of strangers.
We're all different things, at different times, at different places.
It's a defense mechanism really.
It's something that shields the inner you from the ignorance and intolerance of others,
and I don't think it's fake.
Just different.

The inner you.
Do you know who that is?
I don't think I know the inner me, but I know it's always been the same.
It will always and forever be the same.
Do you know the inner me?
No.
You don't.
So don't make the mistake of thinking that you do, because you will be proven wrong.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images