This is what I saw...

3:52 PM

I saw you today.
I saw you laughing, flirting and being happy.
I saw you give her that sweet hug you give when you're nothing but smiles.
I saw her steal your hat,
And then I saw myself,
Back when we were happy.

It's hard knowing that I'm nothing you ever wanted,
but it's even harder knowing that I made that realization a long time ago.
I'm not daft.
I knew we weren't right.
But still,
Sometimes the way you kissed me,
Hugged me,
Looked at me,
made me believe everything was perfect.

I saw what I wanted to see.
I saw perfection.
I saw what I thought was you.
But I was wrong.

I clung to the maybes and what ifs.
"Maybe if he talked to me more,"
"Maybe if I lay off for a week,"
"What if he just cared a little more?"

You were everything I thought I wanted, and everything I didn't need.
I've come to this conclusion before though.
My mind still chases itself in circles, trying to figure out what the hell really happened between us.
I don't know if it was bad, good, or somewhere in between.
What I do know is that you're the reason I am who I am today,
and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images