My Normal Story

8:40 PM

You know, I wanna tell the world our story.
The story of me and this kid.
Maybe it's a normal story.
Average. Mundane. Boring.
Girl meets boy. Boy meets girl.
Girl falls for boy. Boy doesn't fall back.
Classic.
But maybe this isn't a normal story.
Because in a normal story, the girl either
A) Gets over it
B) Finds someone else to fall in love with
or
C) Dies

Nice right?
In my story, the answer is Q) none of the above.

The girl falls, and falls, and falls so far without telling anyone, without getting anywhere, that she gets stuck.
However, this isn't a sad story.
The girl and the boy become best friends.
They talk all the time, they understand each other better then anyone else.
They fight. Almost constantly. They disagree with anything the other person says, but they both know, no matter what happens, the other is always there when something major goes wrong.
And they laugh together, a lot. There's more then enough memories to last a lifetime.
So why, you ask, doesn't the boy fall as hard as the girl?
God only knows.

Is the girl upset? Only occasionally.
Does the boy know? Mhm.
Is anything ever going to change? Maybe, down the line.



See, I'm not bitter about any of this. I just think it's interesting.
I don't get upset about it often, high school isn't a place to look for love.
Maybe things will change, but I doubt it.
Maybe life will offer me options A, B or C instead.
Who knows...
For now, I'll just live on. ♥

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images